Monday, July 28, 2014

Yard sale Saturday

Today is Friday...and we all know what that means...(no, not payday, although for most of us, yes) but what I mean is it's yard sale day! For me anyway. I always only take a set amount of money and I don't let myself spend over that amount. I start out early to find the best stuff because if you wait till 10am around here you'll miss out. We have a TON of flea markets in NW Arkansas and a lot of people are out shopping for their booths. 
My main goal today was to find great condition gently used clothes for my daughter for school and if I just happened upon any bargains or deals I would definitely snatch those up too. ;)

So, here is today's haul...
1. A handy dandy hanging organizer for my youngest daughter. Love this one because it's double sided which means tons of pockets for little toys! My youngest is completely in love with blind bag toys. Though she loves LPS blind bags she'll go for any blind bag as she is starting her own youtube channel soon. We really needed a place to store all those fun tiny toys and this is it. 

2. I'm always on the lookout for new toys and gifts during the summer's yard sale season to put away for Christmas. This one looks like lots of fun and will go to my teen son. Boys and men are so hard to shop for, especially when they aren't especially digitally inclined. I think this will be a hit.

3. A very pretty white table cloth. My best friend's daughter is getting married outside in Sept and they have been searching high and low for vintage white table cloths so I've been keeping my eye out as well and this one was a steal at only $2.

4. Cute little mason jar,
 5. Second Cute little mason jar, 
6. Third cute little mason jar, 
7. Too too funny vintage inspired new dish towel.
 8. Lovely vintage gold to red candy dish
Ya just gotta love cool vintage stuff, especially when it's cheap! Lol

9. I adore this beautiful antique tin. It's got all the right colors and is so girly! Just my style!

10. Last night I made breakfast for dinner complete with fresh hash browns. I have very poor knife skills in the kitchen and I had said something about wanting one of these for Christmas. A handy dandy kitchen slicer. I'll have to try this particular one out and let you know the results. :) review coming soon.

11. A green chippy paint, handmade, antique wood box. LOVE!
12. A super cute black kids vintage chalkboard. This one is quite small, about the size of a sheet of paper but it will go very nicely with another one I have that is very big.

13. I've been needing something like this for quite a while. I have an older vehicle that is not compatible with today's gadgets so I need a speaker for my phone to play my tunes in the car. It's a scull candy portable speaker for your iPhone or MP3 player. Now I don't own an iPhone but it does hook up to any android phone as well so I will be trying this out and again I will be writing a review on it. 

14. This is just the most adorable book I have seen in a long time. It is called Fix The Toys by Dorothy N. King. It was published in 1950. It has eight characters that you have to match their heads to, to "fix" the toys. I have never seen a hands on activity book like this that was this old and this one has all it's pieces! So neat and a quick search online shows this book to be worth about $29, after paying $1 for the book and $24 for everything else I bought today, this one item will give me a monitary return of $4. So I get paid $4 to take all this cool stuff home!

Onto the clothing that I initially went yard saling to find...
15. Cute pink top
16. Cute striped top
17. Cute brown floral top
18. Cute fabric, rhinestone, and pearl necklace.

19. Cute white top
20. Cute cotton skirt with shorts underneath
21. Cute black pleated skirt with shorts underneath

22. Beverly Hills t-shirt
23. Butterfly t-shirt
24. Gray sweatshirt
25. Navy blue camo t-shirt

26. True Hearts jeans
27. Vanity jeans

28. Miss Chick jeans, like new, maybe worn once. I paid $2, used price they are worth about $30
29. Miss Chick jeans, like new, worn once or twice. Paid $2, worth about $25


And a big lot of Mary Kay products...
30-41. This last yard sale was a score, the Mary Kay stuff was all 50cents per package (not per item) so I got some Microdermabrasion mini kits, some smooth hands mini kits, some Timewise travel kits, samples, and some full size products. Also a very cute red makeup envelope. Full size tubes of After Sun Replenishing Cream, which have a price of $12 each, so those two items paid for my shopping trip today too, if the antique book hadn't already done that, lol. Some of these will end up being gifts for the holidays, for teachers, friends etc. Some I will be using myself and writing some reviews of.

Don't you just love yard sales?!

No comments:

Post a Comment